Vacation Bible School
LifeWay’s VBS Tools
Click on the VBS Tools logo to simplify your planning and registration process for Vacation Bible School. Order your VBS materials from LifeWay Christian Resources at 1-800-458-2772 or click on the image below. LifeWay’s Club VBS . . .
- Curriculum especially designed for smaller churches.
- Alternative for any church wanting an optional theme for a late summer VBS.
- Additional curriculum for Wednesday nights or special days once a week in the summer.
Why Do VBS?
Jeanne Burns, Adjunct Profess or Christian Education at Midwestern Seminary, answers the question, “Why in the world do we still do Vacation Bible School?” To read this insightful article, click here.
VBS Certificates and Reports
To receive a VBS Certificate, churches must complete the requirements listed in the VBS Standard. Download, edit and print your own VBS Standard or VBS Advanced Standard certificate. Click the certificate you earned, enter your information, and print. If you need assistance, please contact Pam Jeffries at 1-800-736-6227 ext. 337. In order to easily edit these files, you must download and view them using Adobe Acrobat Reader (available here). To download these files, right click on the links below and choose “Save As…”
Note: Missouri Churches using curriculum other than LifeWay curriculum, will need to complete one more additional action than stated in the instructions on the VBS Standard since they cannot complete Action # V.1. Submit your VBS Reports by using the preprinted personalized form mailed to your church, or click to download a blank form (VBS Church Report 2019). All churches and missions should report their VBS regardless of the curriculum used. If your church did not offer VBS, please report zeros on the form.
Online Option: Complete the report and enter your VBS information online at mo.sbcworkspace.com using your church login (same username and password as for your ACP survey).
Mail Option: Complete the report, make copies, keep one for your records, and mail the forms to one of the following:
- Your Association Office
- Missouri Baptist Convention, Technology Office, 400 E High Street, Jefferson City, MO 65101-3215
- VBS Report Desk (MSN 177), LifeWay Christian Resources, One LifeWay Plaza, Nashville, TN 37234
Fax Option: Complete the report and fax it to: (mail a copy to your associational office)
- LifeWay Christian Resources, 615-251-3937
Click here to report your Associational VBS Clinic Final Report Online.
What to Look for in VBS Materials
Curriculum should be activity-oriented, Bible-based, and child-centered. Two questions a church needs to ask themselves are:
- Why do we do VBS?
- What do we want to accomplish?
Answering these questions truthfully is the starting point in choosing VBS materials wisely. Listed below are other criteria to consider.
- Background study for teachers
- Theologically sound
- Planning helps
- Ease of use
- Visually attractive
- Choices available for teacher and pupil
- Consistently presented
- Denominational distinctives
- Reasonably priced
- Support materials available
- Variety of learning styles and approaches
- Includes life application
- Focused on pupil needs
- Educationally sound – age appropriate
- Southern Baptist Missions emphasized
- Identity and background of writers
- Outreach and follow-up ideas
- Culturally friendly