Advanced VBS Training
For DOMs and Association VBS Directors
Advanced VBS Training for DOMs and Association VBS Directors will be Friday, November 20th from 10am to 2:30 pm at Concord Baptist Church in Jefferson City, MO. The training is designed to help you and your Associational VBS Director discover the strategies they need in order to have a great VBS clinic. It is also a perfect time for Associational VBS Directors from across the state to network and share ideas and tips with each other.
LifeWay's VBS Tools
Simplify your planning and registration process for Vacation Bible School. Order your VBS materials from LifeWay Christian Resources at 1-800-458-2772 or click here.
- Curriculum especially designed for smaller churches.
- Alternative for any church wanting an optional theme for a late summer VBS.
- Additional curriculum for Wednesday nights or special days once a week in the summer.
Why Do VBS?
Jeanne Burns, Adjunct Profess or Christian Education at Midwestern Seminary, answers the question, “Why in the world do we still do Vacation Bible School?” To read this insightful article, click here.
VBS Certificates and Reports
To receive a VBS Certificate, churches must complete the requirements listed in the VBS Standard. Download, edit and print your own VBS Standard or VBS Advanced Standard certificate. Click the certificate you earned, enter your information, and print. If you need assistance, please contact Pam Jeffries at 1-800-736-6227 ext. 337. In order to easily edit these files, you must download and view them using Adobe Acrobat Reader (available here). To download these files, right click on the links below and choose “Save As…”
*Due to COVID-19 reporting for 2020 VBS has changed. Please use one of the two options below for reporting.
Mail Option: Complete this report, VBS Church Report 2020, make copies, keep one for your records, and mail the form to: 400 East High Street, Jefferson City, MO 65101.
Online Option: Enter your VBS info online at vbs.lifeway.com/churchreport. No login credentials required.
What to Look for in VBS Materials
Curriculum should be activity-oriented, Bible-based, and child-centered. Two questions a church needs to ask themselves are:
- Why do we do VBS?
- What do we want to accomplish?
Answering these questions truthfully is the starting point in choosing VBS materials wisely. Listed below are other criteria to consider.
- Background study for teachers
- Theologically sound
- Planning helps
- Ease of use
- Visually attractive
- Choices available for teacher and pupil
- Consistently presented
- Denominational distinctives
- Reasonably priced
- Support materials available
- Variety of learning styles and approaches
- Includes life application
- Focused on pupil needs
- Educationally sound – age appropriate
- Southern Baptist Missions emphasized
- Identity and background of writers
- Outreach and follow-up ideas
- Culturally friendly