How can I give to help Afghan refugees?
In Afghanistan, the Taliban has seized power with staggering speed and horrifying brutality. A mass exodus is building as Afghans flee the country in search of safe havens. Thousands of Afghan refugees are coming to America, many of them headed for Missouri.
In the name of Jesus, we welcome them. And as a Missouri Baptist, you can help by giving to the MBC Refugee Assistance Fund. Missouri Baptist Disaster Relief leaders are in contact with local, state, and national organizations to bring help, hope, and healing to those that war, political unrest, and natural disasters have displaced.
Your generous gifts help make Missouri Baptists the hands and feet of Jesus to those most in need.
How else can I help?
Pray for Afghanistan. Download the SBC Pray for Afghanistan guide, which features the following prayer points:
- Pray for the Afghan people as they navigate political unrest, violence and persecution. Pray that they may find peace in Christ among overwhelming circumstances.
- Pray that God would intervene and glorify His name in this tragic situation.
- Pray for Afghan believers whose lives are being threatened by the new regime. Ask God to give them courage and strength.
- Pray for Afghans at risk because of their service alongside the U.S. government and that they would be quickly and safely evacuated.
- Pray that the millions of Afghans who have never heard the Gospel will have an opportunity to hear.
See what others are doing to help refugees in Missouri. For example, check out the ministries of Oasis International in St. Louis. And take a look at organizations that work with the Missouri Office of Refugee Administration.
Learn more about ministering to refugees. Download the Church’s Guide to Ministering to Refugees from the North American Mission Board.