Five Ways to Promote CP
October is Cooperative Program Month, and here are five simple ideas for helping your church learn more about the eternal impact of CP. By the way, all of the following resources may be downloaded or ordered free of charge.
- Show a video. Most CP videos are 1-3 minutes in length, ideal for a worship or Bible-study setting. Choose from among dozens of videos.
- Use flyers and bulletin inserts to teach your congregation about how the Cooperative Program helps Missouri Baptists carry out the Great Commission. This includes the pamphlet, “7 Ways the Cooperative Program Helps Your Church.”
- Give each member of your congregation a bookmark that informs them about the Cooperative Program in Missouri.
- Hang up copies of the poster, “How the Cooperative Program Works.”
- Distribute the children’s activity book, “Let’s Share Together!” Order copies online or by calling the MBC.
Pastors also may want to share a message on stewardship, missions, or evangelism – all of which are enhanced through the cooperative efforts of Missouri Baptists. Check out The Stewardship Journal for “offering talk” ideas.
Also, check out the free resources from the Southern Baptist Convention – including dozens of compelling videos. – at sbc.net/missions/the-cooperative-program.
“The Cooperative Program is the fuel for mission efforts in Missouri and around the world,” says MBC Executive Director John Yeats. “Missouri Baptists see the value of faithful giving and the benefits of working cooperatively to change lives and communities with the gospel.”