Faithful men leading men to be faithful
Looking for a tool to lead your church men to be faithful men? Contact Gary Mathes, Pastoral Ministries Specialist, at 573-636-0400 ext. 338 for more information!
Essential Men’s Ministry is a MBC men’s ministry:
- For MBC churches and associations
- As a four session weekend retreat
- To be practical and low cost to meet the needs of almost any size church
- To challenge youth and older Christian men concerning their essential need—faithfulness to Jesus Christ
- To expound on the basic Biblical truths concerning the faithful Christian man’s relationship to Scripture, the Spirit and a Structure for conducting a men’s ministry
- To illustrate dynamic Christian experiences and character found in the lives of men from the Old Testament, Jesus’ disciples and others
- To offer discussion questions and personal exercises for practical and meaningful learning
- To offer a basic approach to conducting a men’s ministry in the local church or association addressing the vital importance of leadership, training and relationships
- To acknowledge available and helpful resources for the MBC, SBC and other ministry organizations
The Essential Men’s Ministry Workshop offers many benefits to its attendees:
Study how six Old Testament examples show the relationship of scripture to the faithful man’s life. Learn to follow the examples of Noah, Abraham, Moses, Joshua, Gideon, and Samuel.
- Learn the three crucial conditions of the heart in receiving the Word of God.
- Learn how to recognize and appreciate the value of the Word of God in the faithful man’s life.
- Discover the results of Scripture in the faithful man’s life which include blessedness, purity, wisdom, revival, spiritual strength and mercy.
- Discover how six experiences with the Holy Spirit will enhance your relationship with God and other faithful men.
- Learn more about the three essential elements of the faithful man which are leadership, training/equipping and relationships.
- Discover how men’s ministry must be generation to generation, growing, gentle and genuine.
Four Characteristics of a faithful man:
- Discover how fleeing youthful lusts and all kinds of evil will protect you from harm.
- Learn how following Christian virtues in your daily living will improve your influence.
- See how fighting the good fight of faith will strengthen your daily walk.
- Learn how faithfully correcting those in error around you will help you influence others in a positive manner.
How does this relate to the three core values of the MBC?
By contributing to:
- Making Disciples by challenging and teaching men to be “faithful” in their relationship to the Lord Jesus Christ and each other.
- Developing Leaders through its theme of “Faithful Men Leading Men to be Faithful” and by providing practical guidance for leading a men’s ministry in the local church or association.
- Missional Living by encouraging men to be mission minded and involved in specific evangelistic ministries and activities.