Servant evangelism IS “Light Up Missouri.” It is the current two-year GPS emphasis (God’s Plan for Sharing). Young adults respond particularly well to causes. Conduct a ministry project and invite them to come along with you!
Light Up Missouri can be conducted three ways:
- Moments of Service – individuals showing love for others and crediting Jesus
- Days of Service – church members meeting needs and then sharing the Gospel
- Seasons of Service – churches doing “impossible” tasks over several weeks or months
Moment of Service:
- Pay for the people behind you in the drive-thru window and leave a Bible to pass along.
- Offer to babysit a toddler to help a young couple can have a night out so you can relate better.
- Adopt a soldier in the military and write them to encourage them, including Scripture.
Day of Service:
- Provide ground maintenance for community soccer or ball fields
- Make over a room in a local school
- Prayerwalk communities asking locals about needs, pray on the spot, and seek to meet the need
Season of Service:
- Identify an immigrant people group in the community and help them get adjusted
- Work with the local police department to provide youth activities in troubled neighborhoods
- Provide school teacher appreciation activities, focusing on a different school each week providing teacher supplies, an appreciation banquet, etc.
Click HERE for one page planning sheet
- Prepare to serve.
- Assemble a Light Up Missouri Servant Evangelism Task Force to serve two years.
- Study the needs of your community prior to selecting projects.
- Select a project that is appropriate for your church.
- Light up your community!
- Celebrate what God did!
- Follow-up and begin disciple-making right away.