Eight simple ways to promote CP in October
October is Cooperative Program Month, and here are eight simple ways to help your church members learn more about the eternal impact of CP. By the way, all materials are free.
- Show a CP video. Choose from more than a dozen videos, including “We do more … together,” and the new CP worship countdown timers.
- Show how CP works. Order free posters and download PowerPoint slides to show during worship services, Sunday school, or business meetings.
- Download and share the Missionary Moments Prayer Guide and schedule time to pray for our missionaries in North America and around the world.
- Give each member of your congregation a bookmark for Promoting the Cooperative Program in Missouri.
- Use bulletin inserts to teach your congregation about how the Cooperative Program helps Missouri Baptists carry out the Great Commission.
- Hand out flyers that teach about the 1% Challenge, a national Southern Baptist initiative that is leading to increased support of the Cooperative Program. You also may want to show a new video on the 1% Challenge.
- Ask a young person in your congregation to share a brief history of the Cooperative Program. Good starting points are mobaptist.org/cp and sbc.net/cp.
- Challenge your congregation to name the ministries CP supports. You can get a good start at sbc.net/cp.