50/50 by 2020
What is 50/50 by 2020?
- 50/50 by 2020 is the cooperative effort of Missouri Baptists to reach more people for Christ around the world by sending 50 percent of our Cooperative Program funds outside the state beginning in 2020.
- We are gradually increasing the percentage of CP funds that go to missions throughout North America and around the world as we stretch for the 50/50 goal.
What’s the plan?
- This cooperative effort began in 2013 to enable Missouri Baptists to reach more lost people around the world.
- In 2013, 62.5 percent of CP gifts stayed in Missouri and 37.5 percent went on to the Southern Baptist Convention to support global missions.
- In 2014, 40 percent goes to the SBC, an increase of 2.5 percent.
- In 2015, a proposed 42 percent goes to the SBC; in 2016, 43 percent; in 2017, 45 percent; in 2018, 47 percent; in 2019, 48 percent; and in 2020, 50 percent.
What is being done now?
- Your state missionaries at the MBC are significantly reducing expenses in 2013-2015 to enable more CP gifts to support global missions.
- Missouri Baptists are praying and MBC churches are planning to increase their percentage of CP giving in 2014 and beyond.
- MBC churches are sacrificially increasing their CP giving between now and 2020.
- Increased giving, along with the MBC’s budget reductions, should enable Missouri Baptists to invest $8.4 million in global missions by 2020, compared with an estimated $5.2 million in 2013.
What can you do?
- Pray for the world’s lost and for God to do a great work through Southern Baptists to reach them with the gospel.
- Continue to give faithfully through your local church.
- Teach that a lifestyle of cooperative ministry is part of the biblical model of Christian maturity.
- Encourage your church to increase the percentage it invests in global missions through the Cooperative Program.
- Learn more about the Cooperative Program, and stay informed about the involvement of Missouri Baptists in missions through CP. Visit mobaptist.org/cp and mbcpathway.com.