A church budget should…
- Identify the church’s goals and objectives.
- Identify the probable revenue sources.
- Identify the expenses associated with obtaining the program goals and objectives.
On November 1, 2011 at Tan-Tar-A Resort at the Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri, messengers of the 177th annual meeting of the Missouri Baptist Convention (MBC) adopted a Cooperative Program Allocations budget with two giving plans. Effective January 1, 2012, a church may choose to contribute through the Cooperative Program (CP) by choosing one (or both) of the following plans Identified as CP Plan A and CP Plan B. Contributions through both plans will be identified as Cooperative Program Giving.
Each church should have received a pre-printed remittance form packet. As an online resource, however, we’ve added a sample remittance form to help get you started.
The 2014 standard mileage rates for the use of a car (also vans, pickups or panel trucks) will be:
- 56 cents per mile for business miles driven
- 23.5 cents per mile driven for medical or moving purposes
- 14 cents per mile driven in service of charitable organizations